No one ever wants to think about their death and not being around to take care of their family. However, it is inevitable that people will eventually pass away whether they grow old and pass from natural causes or their life is cut short by an accident. With the inability to know when a person will pass away, it is important to plan now to help make sure their loved one’s financial future is secure. An estate planning lawyer in Davenport, IA can provide the services and support a client needs while getting their affairs in order.
Why an Attorney Is Important When Planning Your Estate
- An estate planning lawyer in Davenport, IA can provide the legal advice a client needs to make sound decisions in planning their estate.
- Allows you to direct who receives your estate upon your death and reduces the risk of your assets being distributed by the state.
- Minimizes the risk of lengthy legal battles and the court systems consuming a majority of your estate in court fees.
- A lawyer can explain the options available that will allow you to set aside the funds for inheritance taxes and other fees to reduce how much the beneficiary pays.
- You gain the peace of mind knowing that your family will be financially secure after you pass away.
Do Not Delay in Scheduling an Appointment
People cannot predict when they will pass away and why it is important to not delay in preparing their estate. David J. Franks Attorney at Law can provide the legal advice you trust to help make a well-informed decision on planning your estate. With their services, they can establish trusts and prepare a legally binding will that allocates your property to the beneficiaries that you wish to receive them.