When visiting any big city, you’re bound to have shopping as part of your itinerary. Gift shops and big name local stores should definitely be on your list. But, don’t forget to pay a visit to a local gourmet chocolate store. You might be surprised to find that visiting a candy store is a fun vacation activity for the whole family. Here are five reasons why you should visit the confectioner while on vacation.
1. It will take you back to your childhood. Today’s gourmet chocolate shops offer all the fun candies you grew up eating. Gummy worms, jujubes and jellybeans will bring back lots of fun memories and give you ideas for stories to tell your children about your childhood. Put together a mixed bag of your old favorites to share with them.
2. You probably don’t realize how many delicious chocolate items have been created since you last visited a confectioner. Chocolate covered bacon, Oreo crumbles and orange peels may be sweets you’ve never tasted. And all of these are worth a try!
3. It’s a great way to relax. Shopping is tiring, and everyone needs a break after an hour or two. Choose a chocolate shop with tables and chairs and enjoy your confections right there. But, buy a little extra for snacking at the hotel later.
4. Chocolate is the perfect souvenir. Shopping for tchotchke is so overrated. Pick up some chocolate for all the people on your souvenir list and be done. Choose a chocolate store with a name that makes it immediately recognizable as having come from the place you visited. If the chocolate is good enough, everyone will love it as a souvenir.
5. Get some tips to use at home. Chocolate stores are a great place for inspiration you can take home to your own kitchen. After a visit to a world class chocolatier, you may be making all sorts of wonderful creations on your own. Or, you may just start looking for a great chocolate shop in your hometown!
A vacation should be a time of fun, adventure and learning about the unique personality of the city you visit. What better way to explore a city than uncovering all of its unique treats! You’ll love your visit to the local chocolate shop. And, your kids will think you’re the greatest parent that ever lived!