When choosing baby formula for your growing infant, there are a few key ingredients that you should be aware of. Here are six common baby formula ingredients and the health benefits they offer:
1. Protein: Protein is essential for your baby’s growth and development. It helps to build and repair tissues, produce enzymes and hormones, and transport nutrients throughout the body. Common protein sources in baby formula include cow’s milk, soy milk, and protein hydrolysates.
2. Fat: Fat is a concentrated source of energy and provides essential fatty acids that are necessary for brain and eye development. Fat in baby formula typically comes from vegetable oils, such as soybean oil or coconut oil.
3. Carbohydrates: Carbohydrates are another important source of energy for your baby. They also help to protect against infection and promote healthy gut bacteria. Carbohydrates in baby formula often come in the form of lactose.
4. Vitamins and minerals: Vitamins and minerals like Vitamin B12 and Vitamin D3 are essential for your baby’s overall health and development. They help to support the immune system, metabolism, and growth and development.
5. DHA: DHA is an omega-3 fatty acid that is essential for brain and eye development. It is typically added to baby formula as an isolated ingredient or part of a blend of omega-3 fatty acids.
6. Choline: Choline is a nutrient that is important for brain development. It is often added to baby formula as an isolated ingredient or part of a multivitamin and mineral supplement.
With so many options on the market, it’s important to find a formula that contains the right mix of nutrients to support your baby’s growth and development. Be sure to talk to your pediatrician about which ingredients are best for your child. And if you’re looking for a trusted provider of infant formula, visit storebrandformula.com to browse the selection of Store Brand Formulas offered by Perrigo Nutrition today.
Like & Follow us on Facebook.