Sometimes a roof will reach the end of its useful life long before you expected it to. In some cases, it might even be difficult to determine that you need a new roof because you have yet to experience a roof failure. However, needing a new roof is not always accompanied by failure or leaks. There are many other signs that you can watch out for that may indicate that it is time to call your roofing company. Jacksonville, FL sees some extreme elements with summertime thunderstorms, tropical storms, and hurricanes. These natural elements take a toll on the roof and can in some situations lead to premature roof failure. The last thing you want is for a warning sign to go unnoticed and ultimately result in costly damage that could have been avoided.
Signs You Need to Call Your Jacksonville Roofing Company
- Cupped shingles, or shingle ends that are curling
- Cracked shingles
- “Balding” spots on the shingles where granules have begun to fall off
- A roof that is 20 years old or older
- A roof that appears tattered, old and worn
- Your neighbors have started getting new roofs. If you live in a neighborhood in which the majority of the houses were built around the same time, you can expect that since they have all been exposed to the same Jacksonville elements that they will need replacement around the same time.
- Moss can be a real nuisance, both aesthetically and structurally. Moss tends to grow on roofs that are subject to high moisture and do not receive an adequate amount of sunlight. Moss is not only displeasing to the eye, but it also causes issues in that it holds moisture against the roofs delicate shingles. This can cause cracks and other sorts of damage to the shingles.
- Rot or mold
Do not wait for a flood of water comes rushing into your living room by way of a roof leak or collapse – be proactive. Keep an eye out for warning signs that your roof might need repair or further attention. If you notice any of the signs mentioned above or any other symptoms that seem out of the ordinary, call your roofing company Jacksonville immediately. Ignoring obvious (or even not so obvious, in some cases) signs of roof damage or need for maintenance can result in unnecessarily costly damage that may have possibly otherwise been avoided.