Dental Implants in Salem OR are often considered the perfect solution to the problem of one or more missing teeth. Implants look like and function like natural teeth, restoring that happy smile. Most people would be pleased to simply regain their smile, but implants offer many additional benefits.
What are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are a surgical procedure performed when the patient and dentist agree that implants are the best answer for the dental problem. Although dental implants are one of the more complicated dental procedures, the results are long-lasting and worthwhile.
The typical implant procedure consists of:
- Surgical placement of a small titanium post into the bone of the jaw
- Waiting for the bone and gums to fully heal while the post fuses to the jaw (only titanium will do this)
- Placing an abutment or attachment to the post
- Completing the restoration process with a crown or bridge
- The implant now looks and acts as the missing tooth it has replaced
The Many Benefits of Dental Implants
Among the numerous benefits of implants are the following:
- The closest thing to a natural, healthy tooth
- Implants can last a lifetime when properly cared for, longer than either traditional bridges or dentures
- A boost in self-confidence by being able to smile without embarrassment – that gap-toothed smile is a thing of the past and implants won’t fall out when you laugh, talk or eat
- Missing teeth affect the natural appearance of the face – implants restore that natural appearance
- Throw away the cup the dentures were kept in every night – you won’t miss it
- Speak as you want to, without having a problem with certain words or sounds
- Eat the foods you love! Of course, as is true with natural teeth, chewing ice or very hard foods is never a good idea
- No cavities, ever, in a replacement tooth
- Protect healthy teeth – a bridge supported with implants prevents adjacent teeth from shifting and loosening
- Traditional bridges that use metal attachments gradually grind away at the supporting natural teeth – implants don’t do that
- Dental implant treatment is reliable, with a successful, long-term track record
Dr. Scott Howe at Riverfront Dental has performed many successful Dental Implants in Salem OR for satisfied patients. He also provides a full range of both general and cosmetic dentistry. Visit Salemriverfrontdental.com and join the Membership Club to start saving today.