Marble pavers are basically marble pieces, used to pave walkways, patios, driveways or to edge swimming pools. Owing to their rich texture and color, they are some of the best paving options, as compared to concrete and bricks. Marble is mainly made of calcium carbonate. Also referred to as travertine marble, marble is highly resistant to scratching, heat, and acidity and staining. As such, the material is best suited for outdoor applications, such as driveways and walkways. Another benefit associated with marble pavers is that they can withstand extreme cold conditions. As compared to other paving options, such as brick and concrete, marble is highly durable, even under extreme weather conditions.
Again, marble does not absorb heat. As such, it will not crack when exposed to high temperature. Additionally, it remains cool, even after being exposed to the sunlight throughout the day, providing a comfortable walking surface.
Benefits Associated with Marble Pavers
The popularity and increased usage of the pavers in construction projects may be attributed to the many benefits that the material has to offer. Some of those benefits are:
1. Value: The pavers have a visual appeal. As such, they may be used to improve the aesthetic value of the exterior part of the house.
2. Durability: Just like any other marble product, the pavers are exceptionally durable, offering lasting results on any building project they are used on.
3. Reusable: the pavers can be laid, removed and later used in another construction project. This aspect is particularly beneficial when you are renovating your home as you will not have to buy new marble pavers.
4. Environmentally Friendly: They are natural and very friendly to the environment.
Making a Driveway Paver Attractive
With time, the luster and the appeal of the pavers may start to wear away. Additionally, you may need to go a step further, after installation, to make the pavers more striking and attractive. So, how can you rejuvenate the attractiveness of these pavers?
1. Including a circle design within the pavers: Try to incorporate circular shapes in the overall design. The circles should be proportional to the driveway.
2. Creating a unique portion in front of the door: this is particularly ideal if you used a courtyard. This will elaborate the design and make it appear like a courtyard.
3. Use a paver apron in the driveway design: Using a paver apron on the driveway will elaborate the importance of the entrance. It will not only improve the elegance of the driveway, but also keeps the costs down.
There are various materials that may be used to pave outdoor spaces today, but a marble paver is superior in almost all aspects. The pavers are strong, beautiful and affordable. They are also easy to install and maintain.