Get Help from a Child Support Lawyer in Lancaster County, PA

Child support is something every non-custodial parent is required to pay. When a parent becomes feckless and no longer supports their child, it is imperative the custodial parent seeks help from a child support lawyer in Lancaster County, PA. Holding the non-custodial parent accountable for their child’s support is imperative. With the following information, individuals will know what they can expect from the process of working with a lawyer.

Child Support Laws in Pennsylvania

Child support is a monthly payment that is paid to the custodial parent for the care expenses of the child. In most cases, a non-custodial parent will be required to pay child support until the child turns eighteen years of age. In the case of a disabled child, the court may order a parent to provide support for a longer period of time.

The increase or decrease of support can occur because of the following reasons.

* Other obligations for support
* The age of the child
* Unusual needs
* Standard of living
* Medical expenses that are not covered by insurance
* The best interests of the child
* The relative assets and the liabilities of each parent
* Household income

If a parent is not paying the child support the court has ordered, it is imperative the custodial parent seeks the help of a child support lawyer in Lancaster County, PA. These lawyers fight for the rights of their client and work to get the support their children need.

They will hunt down irresponsible parents and work to make sure they are held accountable. The goal is to make sure they are found and taken to court where they will be ordered to stand accountable for the monetary support of their child.

Get Started Right Away

If you are dealing with child support issues and would like legal help, it is important you call to schedule a consultation appointment to learn more about your rights and the laws that govern them.

Contact the Law Office of Melissa R. Montgomery to get started. They look forward to helping you pursue your child’s parent for the child support they owe.

Follow us on Google+!