Get an Attorney’s Help to Qualify for SSI or SSDI

If you are living with a disability, you should know that help is out there. People suffering from some type of physical or mental disability can qualify for benefits from the government. Programs such as Supplemental Security Income (SSI) and Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) provide financial help to those that can’t work. However, the application process for these programs is tedious and confusing. This is why it can be helpful to work with a social security attorney in Rockford.

The Social Security Administration’s View of Mental Conditions

Impairments that solely affect the mind can qualify for benefits through the Social Security Administration (SSA). There are a number of conditions which may allow you to receive benefits. Some of these impairments include: anxiety conditions, schizophrenia, autism, personality disorders, somatoform disorders and substance abuse. If you suffer from any of these conditions, contact a social security attorney in Rockford for help.

Physical Impairments for Social Security Benefits

There are several physical conditions that are listed in the SSA’s impairment listing manual. Some of these conditions will help an applicant to automatically qualify for benefits. The list includes problems such as: cardiovascular disease, respiratory illnesses, immune system disorders and musculoskeletal issues. Yet, even if your medical problem does not fall into these categories, it is still possible to get benefits.

Some applicants wonder how closely their condition needs to match those on the SSA’s impairment list. In general, you do not have to have the exact same condition as listed in the qualifications manual. What needs to be shown is that your condition significantly affects your ability to work. The agency will review your condition and how it affects your daily life and any potential job duties. You’ll need to provide other details to help them fully analyze your condition. A social security attorney in Rockford can help you make your case.

For assistance with social security or disability matters, contact Jeffrey A. Rabin and Associates.