If you have a commercial property, you need to seriously consider its appearance. It is a given that the architectural exterior of your business reflect your professional attitude. The windows must be sparkling. The bricks, stucco, siding or other material must be clean and free from flaws. However, if you want to catch the eye of your clients and potential customers or tenants, and impress them with your professionalism, you also need to include your landscape. It is important that you understand how commercial landscaping services can enhance the overall appearance of your commercial enterprise.
People are sensory beings. We look at our surroundings and make assumptions. If you operate a commercial business, whether retail, real estate, office building or manufacturing/industrial space, your potential clients and current customers or tenants are going to make a judgement based on how your building appears. This includes the landscaping. If you want to make certain their initial thoughts on you and your business are positive ones, you need to ascertain the exterior of your business. The same applies if you intend to sell or valuate the property. Looks do account for something.
What to Consider
Look at the state of the landscaped features of your property. How does it appear? Are there any signs of neglect, tiredness and simple lack of care? If there are, your clients may assume the worst about what you are offering inside the structure. You need to consider a variety of factors to improve the overall appearance. These may include hiring commercial landscaping services to look at the property and offer suggestions on
- Soft landscaping – trees, flowers, shrubs and other growing things
- Hardscaping – paths, planters, water features
By hiring a professional, you can create a perfect setting that reflects your professionalism. Depending upon your commercial enterprise, you may want the designer to create an environment that is:
- Classic – This requires little change over time
- Thematic – Reflects the purpose of the business or indicates its intent
- Cozy – If you own a small property or want clients and/or tenants to feel relaxed
- Low Maintenance – For busy companies, this is ideal
- Unique – A landscape designed for the company, this one can increase chatter about the products, services etc.
- Environmentally Efficient – The trend is towards landscapes that are energy efficient – requiring less natural resources such as water or gas for mowing
- Native – This is a trend utilizing native plants to enhance the environment. At the same time, they tend to require less maintenance
Consulting with a professional landscaping company also ensures the right mix of colors and textures. The right company also understands not only what you want this makeover to accomplish but also how long it will take to do it, how much it will cost and what types of permits are required before starting the job.
Commercial Landscaping Services: Enhancing Your Business Environment
If you want to capture the imagination and attention of your clients, make sure the landscape is designed to do so. It does not have to be unique, although creating such an exterior will increase the WOW factor. To improve the initial impression of your business, all you really require is a landscape design that is clean, tidy and free from detrimental deterioration. By combining the right colors, textures and features, commercial landscaping services can improve the overall worth of your property in both potential buyers and clients eyes.